So this blog turns 2 years old today…
I am minded of Ronnie Barker who used to end most episodes of ‘Open All Hours’ with the line “…it’s been a funny day” and I would agree it’s been a funny two years. From a hotel room room in Hong Kong in a state of panic about my Masters project to here in no state of panic whatsoever!
This is the 150th post (almost like I planned it) and all told it’s been read just shy of 25,000 times with over 500 comments. Thank you all.
I was thinking about how to mark the occasion and was going to post links to the posts that have been read most over the past 2 years. Then thought what a dopey idea that was as the chances are you could have already read them. Instead I’ve found 5 posts from the past two years that I enjoyed writing but for reasons either of a) poor writing b) poor titles c) poor timing or d) just being poor got a little overlooked so here goes:
1. The one with the divine discontent – my thoughts on that feeling of something never really being good enough
2. The one with Billy Connolly & Recruitment – my thoughts on the shock absorber that is the corporate recruitment process and how it impacts candidates
3. The one with 2IC – my thoughts on that all important Second in Command role
4. The one with influencing chess – a shared experience about how someone helped me improve my ability to influence people and agendas
5. The one with some perspectives – how a different point of view can make a huge difference (worth it just for the video clips!)
Thank you for your continued support